Monday, July 18, 2011

Addicted or How to Spend $70 at Joann's Fabrics

It's official, I'm addicted to fabric!  I love my yarn don't get me wrong but sewing fulfills that instant gratification that you just don't get with knitting.  Plus there is so many wonderful fabrics to choose from.  Today I headed to my local Joann's (which isn't so local, it's 15 miles away) in search of fabric for a Tinkerbell costume.  Well, $70, 4 patterns, notions and fabric, I really didn't need, later we left.

Here's the fabric for her costume along with the great pattern (for a mere .99!):

It's a ballerina costume but I think the first one will look just like Tinkerbell done all in green.  The top fabric is a green spandex that I scored on sale for $2 a yard!  The middle is some voile that was on sale for $3 a yard and the netting was just under $2 a yard.  I can't wait to put this together but it will have to wait until I'm done with PJ's for my son.  He picked out the money fabric below:


The other two fabrics were in the bargain bin.  The apples are a great summery gauzy cotton that I will save for next year.  The purple fabric reminded me of Dora, who my daughter adores, so I picked it up.  It's hand wash though so I'm going to make something non-wearable out of it.  No clue of what yet.  You can't forget the notions though I realize they are the boring bits:

Butterick patterns are only .99 at Joann's right now!  I couldn't resist.  Do you see I even bought a dress pattern for me.  But I think I'm too fat for it.  The PJ pants are 2 different sizes, one for the adults and one for the kids.  I'll make them later this week after I finish A's pant set.

So that's it, that is how you spend $70 at Joann's, and feed an addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment