Sunday, July 17, 2011

In Progress

I had a very busy weekend.  We own a house in upstate New York and our current tenant has purchased a home and is moving out.  I left our house on the outskirts of Washington DC at 6pm on Friday night.  Let me tell you that was not the brightest idea I've had.  It took me nearly 1.5 hours to just get to Baltimore.  Then I trusted my GPS and it took me the most oddball route that landed me paying $21 in tolls!  To say I was ticked off would be an understatement.  I didn't get to Syracuse til 1:30 am.  I'm an early bird and normally sound asleep by 10pm so it really was very late for me.

I woke up at 6:45 am showed our house to a number of families (cross our fingers that one of them is a good fit so  I don't have to repeat this weekend again) and left town at 3pm, to arrive back in DC at 9:30pm.  It was a loooooong day.  I did bring my Multnomah shawl but it stayed tucked away in its bag never to see the light of day.

Today, my husband let me sleep in (which meant 8am) and then we went out to eat.  I made a trip to JoAnn's to look for fabric for a Tinkerbell costume that my daughter keeps asking for but the cutting line was so long I couldn't be bothered, I'll go tomorrow.

I did however find time to cut out a new shirt and pant set.  It's the same basic set as my first dress but the dress is cut for a shirt and pants are added.  Here's the cut pieces:

IMAG0339.jpg

Funnily enough my husband picked out this fabric!  The pants will be made out of the pink material but I'm a bit confused by the cutting directions so I'm going to wait til I have a chance to ask someone if I'm doing it right.  I don't have enough of the pink material to make any mistakes.  I'll try to put the shirt together tomorrow with more pics to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment