Thursday, July 14, 2011

Back to Knitting

I have so many things on the needles right now it isn't even funny!  I have a baby blanket that I started in February for a baby who was born 3 weeks ago and it's only 25% done, a great pair of Malabrigo worsted mosaic mittens which are done but I can't show you til the pattern is released, a simple lace scarf from the Sock Yarn One Skein Wonder Book, a pair of convertible mittens I started for a friend before we suddenly moved to DC (my goal is to finish them for Christmas!), a purse that will be felted of my own design (but it's miles and miles of garter stitch and I just can't work on it for too long) and this:
Multnomah in progress
It will be a Multnomah Shawl when it is done.  I'm making it with Shalimar Yarns Breathless in Byzantium and it is absolutely the most luxurious yarn I've even had the privilege to knit with.  I could just imagine laying in a bed of this stuff stark naked and I'd be a happy woman.  The yarn is made with superwash, cashmere and silk.  I know this sounds like a commercial (I'm getting nothing for this so it isn't) but if you get a chance to knit with this stuff DO IT!  Heck just buy a skein and keep it around to pet (much cheaper than a cat or dog I tell ya).  Anyway back to the shawl.  This is a super easy garter stitch shawl with a feather and fan border.  I've just gotten to the border and if I hadn't been caught up in all the sewing it would be done by now.  I can't wait to block the hell out of this thing.  I don't actually see myself as a shawl person, but for this scrumptious thing I'm going to make an exception.

2 comments:

  1. Kristie, Ms Shalimar, had me knit up samples in Breathless, for which I got paid in Brethless. YEAAAAH. Of course, I had to buy some more too. Love that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about enabling an addiction!

    ReplyDelete